Uutiset:

NCF - 日産倶楽部フィンランド支部

Päävalikko

Datsuns in Helsinki?

Aloittaja NosHero, huhtikuu 02, 2015, 06:32:58

« edellinen - seuraava »

0 Jäsenet ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

NosHero

Hei everybody,

My name is Hisashi, from a Japanese classic car magazine called Nostalgic Hero (http://geibunsha.co.jp/mag/nh/p/). I'm interested in knowing Datsun and other Japanese classics activities in Finland. Can anybody explain me how Datsuns and other Japanese classics are populated in Finland?  The magazine's interest is typically 1970s and older, and some interest in 1980's cars.

There will likely be a chance for me to visit Helsinki on Saturday, April 25th.  I'd love to meet the owners of Datsuns and other Japanese classics.

Please help me understand Japanese classics in your country. One more question is, I see another club online, called DNSF www.dnsf.org/‎.  Is that a different organization from yours? 

I apologize not understanding your language, but if somebody can communicate in English either on Forum or via email, that's fantastic.  Thank you!

Hisashi

Pastori

Hi Hisashi!

Japanese cars and especially Nissans/Datsuns are populated all across the country. Northernmost members of our club are beyond the arctic circle. This club is solely for Nissans, Datsuns and Prince as you most likely noticed  :) I don't know how many members there is in Helsinki, and how to get contact with them, hopefully someone from that area reads this. Too bad you dont have club membership so you could see the project diaries of our members, there is some rare specimens here. Like 2400GT (Hakosuka 4-door lhd), 240KGT (lhd), C30 and C130 Laurels and so on. Not many left but those that exist, are made with passion and good craftmanship.

We mostly discuss and restore older cars as you noted, most common is 100A or E10 as you might know it. This is by far (or as far i know) the only country outside Japan where that particular car was so popular. Over 40.000 units sold. Also i might add that we were first country in Europe to recieve Datsuns in 1962.

DNSF comes from Datsun Nissan Sportscars of Finland. All the Z-guys, SX and Silvia dudes hang out in that forum (including me). Its a good place for sportscar enthusiasts.

If you want to know more, dont hesitate to ask.

-Samu-
(B310 150Y -81, N10 150A -82, 330 220C -79), S30 240Z -72, 430 280C, Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI -00, VW Transporter -98

cedricfan

LainaaAlso i might add that we were first country in Europe to recieve Datsuns in 1962.

Well not exactly, as Norway was earlier (they did sell the 310-BlueBird when we started with 312), and also Greece was practically same time as Finland.

Please visit my website (button below), there is a lot of picture material :D
Kerhotoiminnan eläkeläinen
Suzukit GR650 & VX800, 924-Possu, MB-230CE, Xceed-PHEV

NosHero

Thank you for the messages guys.  Interesting to learn your enthusiasm in Finland.  I registered DNSF but can't read the language, even Google translate does not do a good job translating it for me.  Samu, could you forward my message to DNSF?  I want to find a guy in/near Helsinki.  Please help!

Hisashi

Tero-75

LainaaThank you for the messages guys.  Interesting to learn your enthusiasm in Finland.  I registered DNSF but can't read the language, even Google translate does not do a good job translating it for me.  Samu, could you forward my message to DNSF?  I want to find a guy in/near Helsinki.  Please help!

Hisashi
Did you make it to DNSF forum? In bottom left there's a dropdown list reading suomi in it. From this list you can change the language to english. Don't know tho how much this is going to help as all the posts arre still in Finnish :)
Also the last topic in bottom of forum is for non-Finninsh conversation.
Puh: 040-5636785
P11 2.0 SLX -98 purkuosia, TA12 -87 2.0 SGX aut; KN10 120A Coupé -81 + pikkuviri A14; B11 -84 (R.I.P E16 123hp 163Nm)
Skoda Octavia Combi 1.4TSi 2017, Suzuki GT 125R -76

NosHero

Hi Tero-75, thank you for the tip, I made a post there.  Hope somebody replies...
Still can't find any owner near Helsinki.  I thought Helsinki is the largest city, isn't it?

cedricfan

Yes, and that is why it is not easy to find anyone there. I guess that nobody restores and drives an old car in Tokyo either ::)
Kerhotoiminnan eläkeläinen
Suzukit GR650 & VX800, 924-Possu, MB-230CE, Xceed-PHEV

NosHero

Well, maybe not in the middle of a big city, but in its suburban...

AkiH

Is there any specific type of Datsun what you would like to find?
Sunny (B11) 1.5 GL (Sedan '85, '86, Coupé '85, Wagon '85), (N13) 1.3L HB '87
Primera (P11) 2.0 GT '99
Micra (K10) 1.0 GL '88, 1.2 Super S '90, (K12) 160 SR '05
Patrol (160) 3.3D STW '81 ja '83

Jani

The april is quite early and could time to see best restored, tuned and built cars. Many people doesn´t drive they cars, for example if it´s raining. What kind of cars you want to see? DNSF is Sport Datsun/Nissan car club and their only old Datsun (if you want to see 70`s Datsuns) is a 240-280Z S30-model or 280ZXi S130-model. And do you want to see restored cars or built/tuned cars?

The best time to old japanese cars, restored, built and tuned cars is in june, july or august. Then we have here in Finland warm and sunny and all best and awesome cars is out of garage.
Ei autossa radiota tarvi, ahtimen(mien) vihellys on musiikkia korville!

Jani

This was DNSF S30-meeting in August last year: http://www.dnsf.org/showthread.php?29186-Turun-jokirantazetamiitti-ke-27-8-2014-klo-17-30 There in link  is only a one picture and that meeting was in Turku. There was 6 S30-Datsuns but 3 those was from Helsinki, 2 from Turku and one from Tampere. That first and the red 240Z cars is a full restored, anothers is a little bit tuned/built..

NosHero

Hi AkiH, Jani,

Thanks for your messages.  I'm interested in meeting any Japanese classic car owners and learning Japanese classics history and today's activities in your country.  That'll be a part of my learning as an international automotive journalist, as well as writing an magazine article for Nostalgic Hero to report the European enthusiasts.  The attached image is a page shot of the magazine article that I wrote when I visited New Zealand.  It would be great if I can create another one on your country, with as many owners as possible.  What do you think, aren't there at least several owners hear Helsinki?  I don't think I have enough time to visit out of the city. 

Oops, how can I insert an image here?

AkiH

Yes you can, if you have it uploaded on some external image bank or website. Then just insert it between img-tags.
Primera (P11) 2.0 GT '99

mortica

Hi NosHero! I sent you email.
410, 510, K11, N15 *Drive a Datsun and decide*

AkiH

By the way NosHero, did you know that the largest classic vehicle show in Finland, Classic Motorshow takes place in Lahti (about 100 km's from Helsinki) in 2.-3.5.15.? How tight is your schedule? That event gathers large amounts of car enthusiasts in one place.

http://www.classicmotorshow.fi/en/
Primera (P11) 2.0 GT '99

NosHero

Thank you all for information.  I've got a few private messages.  Thank you.

The car show is very very interesting.  If I have time on that weekend (I'll be likely be in Germany just about returning home), I wouldn't mind coming back to Helsinki!

I don't think I can post a picture here.  I gave up.  Also I can't log in to this Forum form other computers as I have lost my password and for some reason the web does not give me the password again.  A bit frustrating. 

Anyways, I'll update when I fix trip details.  Thanks!

260z

HLS30
C210(211) 240 Skyline GT 2 door ht 1980
C110 240 KGT 2 door ht, 1976 x2
C10  2400 GT 4-door 1972"Hakosika"
PMC a150 1966 x2
Datsun 140y Sunnytin b310 2-door

Jani

Hi NosHero,

We have also this kind of meeting: http://www.finnjae.net/ And here is only pictures what i found in internet, year is 2004: https://plus.google.com/photos/100555265921981123413/albums/5242963011534455457?banner=pwa

In that time summer is best here in Finland. If you come here in april, we have usually could and you don´t see best time in Finland.

AkiH

Some more FinnJAE.

2013 <- take a peek, there are pictures of our Nissan Echo '67 ;)
Primera (P11) 2.0 GT '99

NosHero

Ohhh, I have to say, this Echo is rare.  I want to see it!  (Where is it located?)

BA

Its not so rare, I have found another working GC240 in this planet also.  ;D
That one is in Philippines, owned by some bus company that has started their business by Echo and now restored that old one. It is bit later ´70 G4 model when this one is ´67 D4.

We made last summer a trip to Sweden and Norway with Echo, I drove about 5000km last summer with it.
Datsun/PMC -club in Norway has gone way more further with this whole Datsun-PMC-thing. There is lots of more rare Datsuns still moving, and condition is way more better than the finnish ones.
I think in Norway there can be even more PMC:s left than in Japan.
If you have time, I suggest to make trip there also.
http://www.datsunpmcregisteret.no/
Chairman of club has also some really rare Japanese cars, like Daihatsus from 60´s, old pickup Honda´s, old Mazdas, Isuzus and so on. And not forgetting dozens and dozens of Datsuns and PMC:s, hundreds of thousands new parts collected from all over europe.

25.4 is not very good date for seeing old cars in Finland. Technically almost winter, normally lakes are still frozen and some snow on ground. Hope not this year tough, spring is quite early this year but in Finland winter can come always back. Last midsummer it rained snow, as everyone here remembers... Season starts normally from may.

I have myself two 120A Coupes on driving, -73 E10 and -78 F10, but Helsinki is too far (200km) for me at that date. Train to Tampere takes 1½h only.  ;)
Classic motorshow at lahti would be the best place to see finnish car culture at springtime.

Datsuuna

What it is now, I shaved your E10 to decorate every summer, 600 - 700 km one-time trips yes Datsun lasts and does not spend much on gasoline  :)
RTV-asentaja ja Datsun/Nissan mies  80-luvulta asti

BA

It is not too far, but I have other business on that date 25.4.
Day before or later will be ok in anywhere in Finland.  8-)

NosHero

Thank you all, it seems April 25 is set well.  Hope it turns out good! 

Hisashi

NosHero

Hei Guys,

Thank you again for all your help.  The meeting was fun and very productive.  Hope some day I come back and have a good sauna in summer!

Cheers,

Hisashi

Mies

LainaaHei Guys,

Thank you again for all your help.  The meeting was fun and very productive.  Hope some day I come back and have a good sauna in summer!

Cheers,

Hisashi

Hello

I am glad that you had a good time  :) , too bad i myself missed the meeting because i was two weeks in Yokohama!

There was also some beautiful classics in the streets...i truly love your country Mr Hisashi. Was so depressed to come back to Finland.

Bought also the latest Nostalgic Hero, great magazine as always  :) .
K10 Micra DX -87
WD21 Terrano 3.0V6 jdm -93
E24 Caravan Gt-Cruise 2.7 tdi 4wd jdm -95
A32 Maxima 2.0
A33 Maxima 3.0 +2.0
Y31 Cedric HT VG30T jdm -91
N14 Sunny 1.6 x3
+K11/Y10/N16
+Mazda6
+KE70 (2T?)