Uutiset:

NCF - Suomen Nissan-kerho

Päävalikko

After the 1200, the 1600 SSS...

Aloittaja Datsunbat, huhtikuu 09, 2010, 04:58:17

« edellinen - seuraava »

0 Jäsenet ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

Datsunbat

Hi folks!

Yesterday I bought a Datsun 1600 SSS!

I'm very happy with it!

The car is a 1971, about 60.000 km's, but reals, I have with me all the receipts, and the last time it went on the nissan dealer was in 1995 with 57.300 km's, to make a revision!
One owner, I'm the second and always garage, and the only part with rust is in the gas, magnificent!
I think it was a great deal!

It's grey, the painting is the original, all the leather, tires (I have both, special and series)) completely new, new exhaust, and some extras...

I made with it 400 km's...From Barcelos to Nisa...it consumed 35 euros, but at the speed of 100, 110 km's\h.

The car will be restored like my Datsun 1200, but it will just happen in summer. For now, I will test the mechanical components, and after it it will be painted...I think I don't have much to do...but Mr.Vitorino has the final word!

Hope you like it, and if you can tell me some things about this model, or some detail that is wrong on this one, fell free...because the SSS model is completely new for me!

Here are the photos...

Cumps.
Mário

In DATSUN we Trust!

mrgallop

Nice looking sss! I`ve never seen or heard this kind of interior in 510?? is it original? Door panels and seats don`t look like we have here.
Pics from engine room!
1600SSS(PL510) jokunen
1800SSS(PL510) rallye/h
1600SSS(PL510) rallye/h
1600(PL510) muuan
1600(PL510) 2-dr se ainut suomikilpi
260z(s30)
Exät:
1600(VPL510)VAN
Maxima -87 3.0
King Cap 4WD 720
K11 -02

Wildchild-

Nice looking SSS u have! Any pics from engine?

Its shame that this kind of beatiful pieces dont last in Finnish salty roads :(
Savun hälvennettyä lisäämme syöttöä. Y30 + N12

Datsunbat

Hi again!

Thanks guys!

mrgallop: Thank you! The interior is the original, all here in Portugal have the same pattern! they are nice...I think mine is from the 2nd serie (1971), don't know if it makes some difference!
The pictures formt eh engine room are next...ehehehe!

wildchild: Thank you! The pictures with work to do are above...the engine too!!! eheheh!
In filland the cars suffer a lot...luckily, in Portugal we don't have that many!!!

I can't be at home without thinking in driving the car...so this afternoon I went into litle ride to make a better apreciation of the vehicle condition!

It has got some work to do...not much, but I want it like its brother the 1200!

Here I let you some pictures of its status...not much rust, just some details!!!

Hope you like it!

A new painting needed...

The symbol need to be relocate...

This symbol is switched...

Some rust, I think its because of the gas...dion't know, but in this place...Mr.Vitorino will make his appreciation...eheheh

Little restoration...

New brushes and decolour the brushes...

The mirror not the original...

all the interiors are like new...no intervention needed...

After the tryp...

Doors...

Spare tyre in good condition!

Almost nothing to do on the back, the exception is the symbol...

The engine compartment, need an extra clean. All the tubes were changed and mechanicaly is excelent...

some more detail to improve!

The hood needs Mr.vitorino!!!

And what about this extra??? ehehe!

This rubber is missing!

Need more atention!

Some pictures...

In DATSUN we Trust!

Mies

Looking awesome already , but propably will be looking even sharper after some little work ;)

Good luck to the project!
K10 Micra DX -87
WD21 Terrano 3.0V6 jdm -93
E24 Caravan Gt-Cruise 2.7 tdi 4wd jdm -95
A32 Maxima 2.0
A33 Maxima 3.0 +2.0
Y31 Cedric HT VG30T jdm -91
N14 Sunny 1.6 x3
+K11/Y10/N16
+Mazda6
+KE70 (2T?)

mrgallop

Oh my good your car is very rusty  :D
I think that you don`t know what is rust.... Ok, very original car and even bumpers looks fine, in our cars bumpers are usually painted or removed because of rust. One thing I mentioned is SSS-sign in grille, in my opinion it is not in right place, it should be in leftside and in the middle, this is a very little thing.
Do you know the detail in enginerooms lamp? it has long cable in it, when you turn the "lens" you can take it away from the "metal case" and so you can use the lamp when servicing carburettors or adjusting valves or something, it`s useful.... :o
1600SSS(PL510) jokunen
1800SSS(PL510) rallye/h
1600SSS(PL510) rallye/h
1600(PL510) muuan
1600(PL510) 2-dr se ainut suomikilpi
260z(s30)
Exät:
1600(VPL510)VAN
Maxima -87 3.0
King Cap 4WD 720
K11 -02

OH2KV

Your car is very rusty, ehehehhehee. I agree with others, and in my opinion: Wax the car and hit the road.

I think you can restore this nice car without painting.  Restore it without painting or buying lots of new parts.

Let the foreverlasting Datsun image show.
Put some rust inhibitors to chassis, and in your climate conditions the car will last forever.

This 1977 Datsun is in very good condion in Finland.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/OH2KV/Kuva004-17.jpg
So far. You can see snow also in the picture,  in top of the picture. Picture is taken yesterday.

She has been welded several times already...... and painted, too.

(She= the car)

Datsuneita 1977-1979. Ja suomalaisia mopoja liikaa.

Jylppy

Similiar car to what I saw in -07:

More pics from my visit of "Encontro Nacional 2007":

Link
L18@120Y LB210 -77
120Y KLB210 -75

Datsunbat

Hi friends!

I've been very busy on the last month, but now I'm back...and the car was waiting for some kind of spoils...Last weekend started...

Cherrymies: Thank you! During this summer, the car will enter into some kind of restoration, but not total...and I'm starting it...eheheh!

mrgallop: Thank you! You're right, a lots of rust...in my other resto, the 1200 was 100% worst than this one...My 510 is in good shape, a think I'll give him a little paint job and inprove some details to keep the riginality. About the lamp, you were right. When I read your comment, I went into the garage and tried to remove it, and...the cable, the light, all worked like you told! Thanks, a little detail. I went into an investigation and cleared that in Portugal, all SSS came with this lamp!!! We are always learning! Thanks for the helping.
About the grill badge, its in the wrong place, but soon it will fit the center, because of the headlights. But the right place for it, its down under right! Once more, Thank you!
It's a new model for me, I appreciate all kind of help, according to originality!

Jylppy: Yes, that's from a member of a Portuguese Club called "AJA" - Amigos dos Japoneses Antigos!
It's a nice car, and well preserved...it has the same extras as mine...magnificent! Thank You.

All the water tubes were changed...

2 rubbers for the hood, because they were just missing...I'll put it when the paint job finished...

2 new rear wheel cilindrers...already changed...

The Mirror is an original, and was cleaned by my friend Luís Martins! It like new...

The new brake pump will be instaled next weekend, because I'll made an upgrade to brakes sistem...40 years and the car stopped for 15 years...I think is recomendable...just for safe! Brakes are important...right!

Gustavo, a friend of mine gave me the air filter...awesome!

New brushes, ahd the wiper arms were just cleaned!

Before...

After...

the water squirts were cleaned and treated...I think I made a nice job!!!

After...

Second cleaning...

And the final result!

My friend gave me the toolkit...just a little cleaning!

And the final, I started to care the grill emblem...

Before...

the chrome taked care...

The cleaning before the painting...

The red first...

then white...

and finally black...

final aspect...

Hope you enjoyed the works as much as I...next weekend more developments!

Regards
Mário
In DATSUN we Trust!

Datsunbat

Hi mates!

Finally I'm free for work on the car...I was expecting this moment anxiously...now the restore!

During this week I made some upgrades, parts, brakes, radiator and other stuff...

I'm in a hurry; I need to have the car ready, at least painted for my sister's wedding. She has a great taste, she chosed the car to lead her to the church...so...I need to make some work as much as I can...but I think it will be quick! I hope so.
Last week, I had bad luck, first it blows a water tube, and second I have lost the Wheel lock! Now all troubles gone and I return to work last Monday. I didn't know that wheel locks have special codes and stuff like that, the lucky was that the fabricator is portuguese
Let's check the photos...hope you like it!

The car in the garage when I changed the tubes...because they were two, a small ones...

The famous...

The fend...

I change the tubes and made an upgrade, taking care of the parts.

All went good and no water lost...

The fuse box had a little mistake, no fuse on the blades and horn section, it was direct...it could be very dangerous, but now it's solved

Then I went on the details restore...

The engine-room lamp...

before...

After...

Water tank...

Before...

After...

The tension regulator...

Before...

After...

Then, with all the water system out I cleaned the radiator and paint it.

Before...

After...

The lower protection...

There are many more details to do...but no rush on it...

Then the brakes...I enjoyed a lot do all the work by myself, it's very pleasant, no one to distract and full concentration...

I bought new drums, new brake pads, wheel cylinder and all the other parts...

Then work...

Before...

Testing the parts...

Parts treated...

And finally both sides restored...

The next step is the exhaust system, you can see in the Picture how bad it is...

I bought this gear box kit to put it as soon as I can...

Hope you enjoyed the photos...I enjoyed the work I've been done!

After work, nothing like a ride to make a test.

Regards
Mário

[IMG]http://img
In DATSUN we Trust!

Datsunbat

Hi friends!

After two weeks on vacations, I start to recover more parts from the car!
The car hás a complete new line of  exhaust system and is in the paintshop. Maybe this week the painter call me to pick it up! But Monday I'll be deliverting to him the parts ready to be installed!

Now the SSS...

Regards
Mário

In this Picture are the rubbers to substitute! Side headlights, wiper arms and bonnet!

Now the parts...

In detail...

Then the restore start. First I make a clean with alcohol, then the parts are cleaned and painted according to the original colors.

The red first

Then the white

And the black. This one was only applied when the side grills were painted too.

Now the side grills...I use the same color order!

Red...

white

And the black application...

And the final result...sorry for the pictures...I don't know what went wrong with the camera!

I cleaned the legends with an alluminium polishing...

The front grill, it was not bad at all...

And finally, my father make a rubber for the mirror...got nice!!!

And during the next week the car should be ready to the wedding day...hope so...or my sister will kill me...

Hope you enjoyed...
Mário
In DATSUN we Trust!

OH2KV

Nice!
Let us see the wedding day decoration also.
Datsuneita 1977-1979. Ja suomalaisia mopoja liikaa.

Datsunbat

Hi!

OH2KV: Thanks. The decoration was nothing special, because here in Portugal we don't have the intention of making decoration on old cars, just the essencial as you will see the photos! Just in the back, a bucket of flowers with some tulle on it! The grooms make the rest! Simply and perfect!

As you know, the main aim was getting the car prepared to my sister's wedding...I made it!
The car looks very good now, and I just make a painting!

I'm living a dilema, the car is rust free, no damage on parts and mechanicaly is excelent...I don't know If I should make the same as I did to my 1200!

But now the photos!

These are the first ones, them I put some more!

Hope you like it!

Regards
Mário

When my sister left home...

At church's door...few seconds of getting married!

Waiting the grooms...

On the celebration place...some cool pics.

And with a sunny day, nothing better than cooling it and putting it away from other's cars!

Hope you enjoyed it!
Mário
In DATSUN we Trust!